Annabel Karmel's egg, cheese and tomato boats
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- 1 part-baked baguette
- 1 large British Lion egg
- 25g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 cherry tomatoes, chopped into quarters
- 1 tsp chives, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp basil, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven 180˚C Fan / 400˚ F / Gas 6.
- Using a bread knife, cut out a rectangular trench about 4cm wide and 3cm deep down the length of the baguette. Enure you keep both ends of the bread intact to hold the filling.
- Remove the cut-out bread to create a boat-like vessel (reserve bread for another use).
- Place the baguette on a lined baking sheet and scatter half of the tomatoes at the base of the trench.
- Whisk together the eggs, Parmesan cheese, chives and basil and pour the mixture evenly into the boat. Top with the remaining tomatoes.
- Bake for 18- 20 minutes until the egg mixture is set and the bread is lightly golden.
- Cut onto slices and let your shipmates tuck in.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: