Annabel Karmel's hearty breakfast
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 4 mins
This heart-shaped egg would make a fun surprise breakfast for mum or dad and only takes a few minutes to prepare.
- 1 thick slice white bread
- 15g unsalted butter plus an extra knob
- 1 large British Lion egg
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cut a hole in the centre of the bread using a heart-shaped cookie cutter about 8 cm (3 “) wide at its widest point.
- Melt 15g of butter in a small frying pan and sauté the bread on one side until golden. Turn the bread over, melt the extra pat of butter in the heart-shaped cut out, break the egg into it, and season lightly. Cook covered for about 2 minutes until the egg is cooked to mum’s or dad’s liking.
- You can also dip the cut out heart in a little egg and sauté that too, to make French toast.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: