Annabel Karmel's veggie fritter toppers
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
This egg-topped fritter tower is an all-round family pleaser. It’s a fun way to serve protein-packed eggs whilst stacking up their veggie intake. A little tip; serve your egg topper runny so the fritters can be dunked! Healthy food has never been so fun.
- 100g tinned sweetcorn
- 75g cold mashed potato
- 50g carrot, peeled and grated
- 50g courgette, grated
- 4 spring onions, diced
- ½ clove garlic, crushed
- 25g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 40g self-raising flour
- 4 medium British Lion eggs
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- Puree half of the sweetcorn in a food mixer.
- Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl. Add the sweetcorn puree and the remaining fritter ingredients, except the oil.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Take spoonfuls of the mixture and fry them for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until lightly golden. Do this in two batches. Set aside and keep warm.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and add the vinegar. Lower the heat to a gentle simmer.
- Crack an egg into a bowl. Stir the water to create a gentle whirlpool and slowly tip the egg into the centre. Repeat for the second egg.
- Poach each egg for 3 to 4 minutes, then lift each egg out with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- For each portion, stack 4 fritters and add your egg topper.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: