Bacon and egg cupcakes
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- 4 slices of streaky bacon (not thick cut)
- 4 British Lion eggs
- 4 slices of brown bread
- Cheese (Double Gloucester was used in this recipe)
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200C.
- Toast your bread, cut into rounds and then butter the round toast.
- Cook your bacon until it just begins to colour but is still flexible.
- Lightly grease the sides of each cupcake hole and lay a toast round at the bottom, butter side down.
- Line the sides of the hole with bacon to create a cup and place a little grated cheese into the bottom of the cup.
- Break an egg into each cup and quickly place into the oven.
- Bake for around 12 minutes until you have reached your desired level of ‘wobble’. Remove from the tray and season with a little ground salt and black pepper and some freshly chopped chives.
- Serve immediately.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: