Breakfast tortilla sandwich
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 4 mins
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- A pinch of salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tortilla wrap
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 25g cheddar cheese, grated
- ½ avocado, skinned and de-stoned
- 2 tbsp tomato salsa
- A few pickled jalapeño slices
- Crack the British Lion eggs into a jug, add the coriander and a little seasoning.
- Heat a 22cm nonstick frying pan. When hot, drizzle over the oil and pour the British Lion eggs mixture in an even layer. Cook over a medium heat for 1-2 minutes until the base is golden and top slightly gooey. Remove the pan from heat.
- Lay the tortilla on a board, spread over the sour cream and sprinkle with half the cheese. Tip the omelette onto of the tortilla so the cooked side is faced up.
- Make a cut with a knife into the centre of the tortilla omelette. Now mash the avocado and spread on a third of the omelette; spread the salsa over the next third, lastly the remaining cheese over the final third.
- Lift the tortilla omelette at the cut, then fold the avocado third over the salsa third, then this bit over the cheese and jalapenos to make a neat folded tortilla sandwich..Wipe out the frying pan with kitchen paper. Return to cook the tortilla sandwich over a medium heat on each side until toasted and filling hot. Serve hot.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: