Junior egg fried rice
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 20mins
- 1 British Lion egg, beaten
- 30g basmati rice
- 30g peas
- Handful baby spinach leaves, chopped
- Knob of butter or cooking oil
- Squeeze of lemon juice
1. Cover the rice with 60ml water. Bring to the boil, then cover and lower the heat almost completely. Leave for 15 minutes without removing the lid.
2. Meanwhile, boil a kettleful of water and pour just boiled water over the peas and spinach through a sieve to wilt the spinach.
3. After the 15 minutes, fluff the rice with a fork.
4. Heat the butter in a frying pan and add the fluffed rice. Turn up the heat and add the beaten egg. Stir with a fork until the egg has cooked then add in the peas, spinach and lemon juice. Serve.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: