Omelette with cheesy chips
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 4mins
- 100g leftover chips, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- Pinch of salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1 tomato, chopped (optional)
- 25g cheddar cheese, grated
- Salad to serve
- Heat a 22cm non-stick frying pan over medium heat, add your leftover chips and fry for 4 minutes or so, stirring occasionally until the chips are crisp and hot. Add a little oil to the pan if your chips seem dry, then shake the chips into an even layer.
- Crack your British Lion eggs into a jug and beat with 2 tsp water and seasoning.
- Pour the whisked British Lion eggs over the chips in the pan and cook on a medium heat for 2 minutes. As the British Lion eggs set, use a spatula to loosen the edges.
- When the base is golden, but the top still slightly runny, scatter over the tomato (if using) and half the cheese.
- Loosen the edge of the omelette with the spatula and fold a third into the middle.
- Tilt the pan towards the folded edge and slide the omelette onto the plate folding the rest of the omelette over as you go.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and serve with salad.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: