Poached egg on veggie pasta
- Prep: 1 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
A quick and easy egg and veggie pasta meal for babies and nutritionally balanced. There’s high quality protein, important vitamins such as vitamin D, minerals including iodine, and omega-3 fats from the egg and the pasta provides carbohydrate and the tomatoes some vitamin C . Suitable from six months.
- 1 medium British Lion egg
- A handful of fusilli pasta
- A few cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Cook the pasta as per the pack instructions.
- Meanwhile, use a deep, large pan to poach an egg. Fill it with plenty of water. Bring the water to the boil and use a slotted spoon to create a whirlpool in the water. Crack the egg into the middle of the whirlpool.
- Let the egg set for 3-5 minutes depending on how runny you want it. You can use a slotted spoon to take it out and lightly squeeze it to test.
- Remove the poached egg from the boiling water using a slotted spoon and place on kitchen paper to drain.
- Put the cooked pasta and tomato into the child’s bowl and mix, then top with the poached egg and serve.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: