Salad with tuna, pesto and rocket
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 0 mins
Salad with tuna, pesto and rocket recipe
- 280g packet white pizza dough mix flour, for dusting
- 6 large British Lion eggs
- 225g packet baby spinach
- 30g packet rocket
- 200g can tuna steak in brine, drained
- 100g (3 1/2oz) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 50g (1 3/4oz) pine nuts, toasted
- For the dressing:
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pesto sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark
- Make up the pizza mix according to the instructions. Roll the dough into 12 walnut-sized balls. Cover and leave to rise for 10 minutes.
- Dust with flour and bake in the oven for 7-8 minutes until pale golden and risen.
- Place eggs in a medium pan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 7 minutes. Drain, and rinse in cold water, tapping shells all over. Shell and halve the eggs.
- Place the spinach and rocket leaves in a large salad bowl. Break the tuna into large chunks and add to the salad bowl with the eggs, tomatoes and pinenuts.
- Put the dressing ingredients in a screwtop jar and shake well. When ready to serve, remove the garlic with a fork and discard. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to mix. Serve with the dough balls.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: