Savoury miso porridge with a poached egg and mushrooms
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- 50g porridge oats
- 250ml water or milk
- 1 level teaspoon miso paste
- 1 level teaspoon of butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1 British Lion egg
- Handful of mushrooms, sliced
- Handful of spinach, washed
- ⅓ tbsp of olive oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Place the oats and water in a saucepan over a medium heat. Cook for approx 3-5 minutes until all of the liquid is absorbed. Stir in the salt, miso paste and butter.
- White the oats are cooking, fry the mushrooms in a pan with olive oil for five minutes until golden and soft. Stir in the spinach and cook until wilted for approximately one minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a bowl. Spoon the mushrooms and spinach on top.
- To poach the egg, bring a saucepan of water to a rolling boil. Give the water a swirl with a spoon and crack the egg in. Allow the egg to cook for 3-5 minutes (depending on how firm you like your yolk).
- Remove the egg with a slotted spoon and place on top of the porridge oats.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: