Annabel Karmel's sunny side up bunnies
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 5 mins
Now here’s a recipe to get your little bunnies hopping for their breakfast! This is such a simple but fun twist on a traditional breakfast favourite and a great way for toddlers to benefit from the high quality protein, vitamins and minerals in the egg. Suitable from around 12 months.
- ½ tsp olive oil
- 1 large British Lion egg
- 1 x mini wholemeal pitta (ears)
- 6 chives (whiskers)
- 1 olive, 2 thin slices (eyes)
- Slice the pitta bread in half through the middle and lightly toast in a toaster. Set aside.
- Carefully break the egg into a small bowl.
- Heat the oil in a small non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Once the pan is fully heated, carefully pour in the egg, and let it cook until the whites are completely set but the yolks are still soft.
- Remove immediately and place the sunny-side-up egg on a plate
- Now add the pittas for ears, olives for eyes and chives for whiskers. Your bunny is ready to hop to the table.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: