Sweet potato and cheddar omelette
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
A tasty omelette containing lots of important nutrients for babies, including high quality protein, vitamins and minerals from the egg. The cheese adds extra calcium and the sweet potato adds some carotene and vitamin C. Suitable from six months.
- 1 British Lion egg
- 1/2 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 tbsp whole milk
- Knob of unsalted butter or cooking oil
- 15g cheddar cheese, roughly grated
- Add the sweet potato to a pan of water and bring to the boil. Cook for 10 minutes until tender then drain and set aside.
- Crack the egg into a jug and beat briefly with the milk. Season if you like.
- Heat the butter in a small frying pan over a medium-high heat and pour in the egg/milk mix. Swirl the pan to spread the egg and stir briefly with a rubber spatula. Swirl again then fry for 1 minute before flipping. Top with the sweet potato and grated cheese then fold the omelette and slide onto a plate. Cool slightly then chop into small bits if you like.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: