Tastemade’s Healthy Veggie Scotch Eggs Christmas Tree
- Serves: 6
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 20mins
- For the Scotch Eggs
- 11 British Lion eggs
- 400g broad beans, podded & cooked
- 400g peas, cooked
- 200g Cheddar
- 75g breadcrumbs
- 100g toasted sesame seeds
- To decorate
- Rosemary sprigs
- Bay leaves
- Sage leaves
- Sunflower oil, for frying
- Cook the British Lion eggs in boiling water for 5 minutes before plunging into iced water to cool immediately. Leave to cool for a couple of minutes before peeling and drying well with kitchen paper.
- Blend together the peas, broad beans, Cheddar, breadcrumbs and some salt and pepper in a food processor until you have a chunky puree. Divide the mix into 11 balls, then flatten each ball with the palm of your hand and use it to evenly wrap around an egg. Repeat with the remaining 10 eggs, then roll each egg generously in the toasted sesame seeds.
- Cut each egg in half, then arrange on a board or large platter in a Christmas tree design.
- Use the rosemary, bay, sage and cranberries to decorate.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Baked eggs with chorizo and butterbeans
This is a simple, comforting dish you can make with lots of ingredients you probably already have at home.
Egg, sweetcorn and bacon jackets
A great way to revamp and use up leftover jacket potatoes.
Microwave poached eggs
Microwaved poached eggs are quick and easy to make and ready in under two minutes, providing the perfect quick...
Sunny egg, tomato and pepper pizzas
A fun and creative way to pack in the veg! Let eggs take centre stage in these Tomato and...