Tom Daley's Giant Drop Scone Stars
- Cook: 20 mins
- 180g self raising flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- finely grated zest of a lemon or orange
- 1 large British Lion egg
- 250ml whole milk
- A nob of butter
- For the crushed raspberries
- 225g raspberries
- 2 tbsp natural yoghurt
- Melted butter, to serve
- Maple syrup, to serve
- Stir together the flour, bicarb, caster sugar and lemon zest.
- Crack in the egg and whisk the milk in slowly until there are no lumps.
- Melt the butter over a medium heat in a non stick frying pan.
- Using a tablespoon, spoon the batter in a large star shape and cook until little bubbles appear on the surface then flip it over and cook for another minute or so. Transfer to a warm plate and repeat with the remaining mixture. Add more butter to the pan as you need it.
- Crush the raspberries with a fork, then stir in the yoghurt.
- Serve the star drop scones with a dollop of crushed raspberries, some melted butter and a drizzle of maple syrup
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: