Veggie baked eggs
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- 80g spinach, washed
- 150g chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp of olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 4 British Lion eggs
- About 80g of mushrooms – a mix of wild mushrooms is nice – sliced or quartered
- 1 dessert spoon Parmesan, freshly grated
- 1 tsp lightly toasted pine nuts, chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/180C fan.
- Fry the mushrooms in the olive oil until caramelised.
- Heat a small saucepan and add the spinach. If you have just washed the spinach then there is no need to add any water to the pan – there will be enough moisture on the leaves.
- Divide the cooked spinach between two dishes or four small ramekins. Add the cooked mushrooms. Put a generous spoon of chopped tomato into each dish.
- Make wells in the dishes and crack in the eggs into each dish, either two for a larger dish or one in each using four smaller dishes. Sprinkle over a pinch of chilli flakes, the grated Parmesan and the pine nuts. Bake for 15 minutes in the oven or until the eggs are just cooked.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Baked eggs with courgettes & tomatoes
212 calories per portion
Low calorie herby couscous with roasted veg and egg
This delicious low calorie supper is ideal for vegetarians too. This could also be served as a side dish.
Meat doesn’t always have to be the star ingredient in a dish and our vegetable bake proves just that...
To watch top vloggers Crumbs Food cook this recipe click here .