Baked eggs and spinach with salsa
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 15mins
Bake these in individual ramekins for a perfect starter when entertaining your vegetarian friends.
- 7g butter
- 100g spinach
- Nutmeg (optional)
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- 4 slices wholemeal bread
- 2 anchovies, drained of oil, halved
- For the salsa:
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 25g pitted black olives, chopped
- 2tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 180C/Fan 160C/Gas Mark 4. Melt the butter in the pan and sauté the spinach until just wilted. Season with salt and pepper and a little freshly grated nutmeg.
- Divide equally among four ramekins or two large ramekins. Cool a little then crack an egg into each ramekin.
- Put in a roasting dish and pour enough boiling water to come halfway up the sides of each. Bake for 15min or until just set.
- Meanwhile, put the tomatoes and olives in a bowl and mix together with the olive oil and parsley.
- When the eggs are cooked, divide the anchovies among the ramekins. Toast the wholemeal bread and serve this topped with the tomato and olive salsa and baked eggs.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Low calorie herby couscous with roasted veg and egg
This delicious low calorie supper is ideal for vegetarians too. This could also be served as a side dish.