Aubergine and tomato baked eggs
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 35 mins
Check out our aubergine and tomato baked eggs recipe for a simple one-pan vegetarian meal that’s perfect for a lazy weekend brunch or easy midweek meal.
- 1 aubergine, washed and trimmed
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 30ml/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 (400g) can chopped tomatoes
- 30ml/2 tbsp pesto sauce
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 50g/2oz cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 200C/Fan 180C/400F/Gas Mark6. Cut the aubergine and peppers into even sized chunks and place in an ovenproof dish. Add the onion, garlic, oil and seasoning and toss to mix. Bake for 20mins.
- Remove the dish from the oven stir in the tomatoes and pesto. Divide the mixture between four individual dishes, two medium dishes or leave it in the large ovenproof dish. Make four hollows in the vegetable mixture, then crack an egg into each. Sprinkle over the cheese and cover the dish with foil. Bake for 15-20mins or until the eggs are cooked to your liking. Serve with crusty bread.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Rhiannon Lambert's tomato, courgette and pepper shakshuka
Registered Nutritionist, Rhiannon Lambert, has created a Tomato, courgette, and pepper shakshuka which is perfect for sharing and means...
Eggy bread and vegetable cobbler
Eggy bread and vegetable cobbler - an inventive dinner choice that the family will love.