Rhiannon Lambert's tomato, courgette and pepper shakshuka
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
Registered Nutritionist, Rhiannon Lambert, has created a Tomato, courgette, and pepper shakshuka which is perfect for sharing and means minimal washing up. This recipe delivers on nutrition and taste.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, cored, deseeded and sliced
- 1 yellow pepper cored, deseeded and sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried chili flakes
- 1 (400g) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 medium courgette, halved lengthways and sliced
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- Handful of mixed seeds
- Heat oil in a medium frying pan, add the onion and peppers and cook over a medium to high heat for 5 minutes until soft and golden.
- Stir in the garlic and cumin and cook for a minute. Stir in the courgettes, then add the tomatoes and bring to the boil.
- Season to taste, reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes until the courgettes are just tender.
- Make four holes in the mixture with a wooden spoon and crack in the eggs, then cook until the whites start to turn solid white.
- Cover with a pan lid and cook over a low heat for 4-5 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Scatter with seeds and serve spooned onto plates.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Aubergine and tomato baked eggs
Check out our aubergine and tomato baked eggs recipe for a simple one-pan vegetarian meal that’s perfect for a...
Eggy bread and vegetable cobbler
Eggy bread and vegetable cobbler - an inventive dinner choice that the family will love.