Baked eggs in peppers
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- 1 red pepper
- 2 British Lion eggs
- 2 fistfuls of spinach
- Salt and pepper to season
- Start by preheating your oven to 180C/350F.
- Line a baking tray with tin foil or greaseproof paper so the peppers won’t stick during the cooking process, and most importantly so there is less washing up at the end.
- Cut your pepper in half, carefully remove the seeds from inside the pepper and discard. Place the peppers on the baking try and leave to one side.
- Heat a frying pan on a medium heat and add the spinach. Cook the spinach until wilted and soft, this will happen in a matter of minutes so try to keep your eye on it.
- Once the spinach has wilted, share out between the two pepper halves.
- Crack one egg into each slice of pepper. Don’t worry if any egg spills over the edge, as long as the yolk stays in the middle.
- Season with salt and pepper, a pinch of each should be enough.
- Cook in the middle of the pre-heated oven for around 20 minutes or until the whites have set fully then serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of www.mytwomums.com/
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Baked eggs with courgettes & tomatoes
212 calories per portion
Low calorie herby couscous with roasted veg and egg
This delicious low calorie supper is ideal for vegetarians too. This could also be served as a side dish.
Meat doesn’t always have to be the star ingredient in a dish and our vegetable bake proves just that...