- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 10mins
- 2 large British Lion eggs, separated
- 75ml/3floz milk
- 100g/4oz self raising flour
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil for frying
- a knob of butter
- rashers of streaky bacon
- 6 large British Lion eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- Place the egg yolks and milk in a large bowl, sift over the flour, caster sugar and salt and mix well. Whisk the egg whites in a clean grease-free bowl until they form soft peaks. Fold into the flour mixture.
- Heat a little oil in a large frying pan. Drop two to three large spoonfuls of the pancake mixture into the hot pan and cook for 2 mins until crisp and golden. Turn over and cook for a further 1 min until golden. Transfer to a clean tea towel to keep warm. Cook the remaining batter in the same way to make 12 pancakes.
- Cook the bacon under a hot grill for 3-4 mins, turning once until crisp. Beat the eggs and milk together with plenty of seasoning. Melt the butter in a non-stick pan, add the eggs and cook over a low heat for 2 mins, stirring until the eggs scramble and are cooked to your liking.
- To serve, pile two or three warm pancakes on each plate, and serve with the bacon and scrambled egg.
See also: How to make pancakes - our step by step recipe.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Strawberry and ricotta rollups
A delicious pancake recipe, delightful for breakfast.
Tom Daley's Japanese Souffle Pancakes
These Japanese souffle pancakes are a great alternative to a traditional pancake recipe, if you’re looking to mix up...