Blueberry and raspberry pancakes
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 10mins
Blueberry and raspberry pancakes are a tasty treat any time of the year, but especially good when British raspberries are in season.
- 175g/6oz plain flour
- 5ml/1 tsp baking powder
- 50g/2oz caster sugar
- 2 large British Lion eggs,
- 150ml/1/4pt milk
- 75g/3oz blueberries, thawed if frozen
- 75g/3oz raspberries, thawed if frozen
- a little oil for frying
- honey and blueberries and raspberries to serve
- icing sugar to dust
- Sift the flour, baking powder and sugar into a large bowl. Beat the egg yolks and milk together and beat into the dry ingredients. Whisk the egg whites in a separate bowl until stiff, stir half into the batter then gently fold in the remainder. Stir in the berries.
- Heat a griddle or frying pan and brush with oil. Pour 60ml/4tbsp of batter into the pan and cook for 2 minutes or until bubbles form on the surface and the base is golden. Carefully flip over the pancake with a spatula and cook for 2 minutes or until the base is golden.
- Transfer to a clean tea towel, this will keep the pancakes warm. Repeat to make 8 pancakes. Serve warm with honey and fresh berries dusted with icing sugar.
Also: How to make pancakes - our easy to follow step by step recipe.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: