Crustless quiche with broccoli and peppers
- Serves: 6
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
Crustless quiche with broccoli and peppers, cooked in a microwave! This tasty dish is the perfect way to enjoy a meal without spending too much time in the kitchen. The combination of broccoli, peppers and eggs make it a flavoursome option - perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Plus, it only takes minutes to prepare.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 small peppers, any colour, deseeded
- 120g broccoli florets
- 3 medium British Lion eggs
- salt and ground black pepper
- 100ml whole milk
- 75g mature English cheddar, grated
- salad to serve
- Prepare a heat-proof microwaveable ceramic dish measuring 23cm wide 4cm deep.
- Add the onion and oil and cook on HIGH for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile chop the peppers into chunky pieces about 2cm in size. Stir the peppers and broccoli florets into the onions, cover the dish with a suitable upturned plate and cook on high for 4 minutes until the vegetables are soft. Season well.
- Beat the eggs and milk with plenty of black pepper and a little salt. Stir half the cheese into the vegetables, then pour over the egg mix. Cover with the plate and cook on high for 4 minutes. Leave to stand for 2 minutes to finish cooking.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and pop the quiche under a hot grill and cook for a couple of minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes before loosening the edges and serving in wedges with salad.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: