Greek style spinach, feta and egg tarts
- 500g frozen whole baby leaf spinach
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bunch spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Grated nutmeg to taste
- 50g pitted green olives, chopped
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 (320g) sheet of puff pastry
- 7 medium British Lion quality eggs
- Heat a large frying pan, add the spinach and cook from frozen, stirring occasionally until the spinach has thawed. Spoon into a sieve and press out any excess moisture.
- Next, add the oil the the pan add the spring onions and garlic and fry together for a minute until soft. Remove from the heat and stir in the spinach, olives and feta. Mix well then season to taste with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 220oC/Fan 200oC/Gas 7. Unroll the pastry and cut the rectangle into 6 evenly sized pieces and place on a large baking paper lined baking tray. Beat one of the eggs in a small bowl, then brush 2cm of the edges of the pastry with egg. Prick the centre of the pastry with a fork.
- Stir the rest of the beaten egg into the spinach mixture, then divide between the pastry. Use a fork and spoon to spread it up to the egg washed border, then make a hollow in the centre of the spinach mix. Carefully crack an egg into the middle of each.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the pastry is golden and eggs set. Serve warm with a tomato, mint and cucumber salad.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Christmas leftovers quiche
Spice up your Christmas dinner leftovers with this egg-citing quiche Makes 8 slices
Egg, sweetcorn and bacon jackets
A great way to revamp and use up leftover jacket potatoes.
Courgette and red onion 'no pastry' quiche
To watch top vlogger Juggle Mum cook this recipe click here .