Egg and broccoli pasta
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 15mins
This recipe is fantastic value at less than £1 per portion. Not only that but it is also deliciously tasty.
- 225g/8oz fusilli
- 225g/8oz broccoli florets
- 6 large British Lion eggs
- 4 tbsp pesto sauce
- Parmesan cheese to serve
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling water for 10 mins or according to packet instructions, adding the broccoli florets for the final 4 mins of the cooking time. Drain in a colander.
- Put the eggs in a small pan, cover with cold water; bring to boil. Boil for 7 mins; drain, rinse in cold water, tapping shells all over. Peel away the shells. Roughly chop.
- Stir the pesto sauce into the pasta and broccoli. Stir in the eggs and plenty of ground black pepper. Serve immediately with Parmesan cheese.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Economical, tasty and easy to prepare. There’s no need to peel the butternut squash - the skin becomes soft...
Tom Daley’s boiled egg and avocado soldiers
An introduction to eggs and avocado for baby to feed themselves, packed full of nutrition with high quality protein...