- Serves: 4
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- 6 British Lion eggs
- 2 cooked beetroot (from a vacuum pack)
- Salad leaves
- Carrot, cherry tomatoes, to serve
- Chives, cut into 2.5cm lengths
- Place eggs into a pan of warm water, bring to the boil and cook for 7 minutes. Drain and cool in a large bowl of cold water. Once cooled, peel and shell.
- Grate beetroot into a lidded container. Add eggs and turn to cover. Leave for at least 1 hour or chill overnight, shaking occasionally.
- To assemble, quickly rinse the eggs and pat dry on kitchen paper. Cut 2 eggs in half lengthways to make bunny bodies, then cut 2 eggs into quarters lengthways, to make bunny ears. Take the final 2 eggs and cut in half horizontally from the bunny faces, trim off the rounded tip of the eggs to make them easier to serve.
- Place a body on the plate, using a little soft cheese spread on the plate to hold things in place, add a face and ears. Cut small triangles of carrot or tomato for noses and add chive whiskers.
- Decorate the plates with salad leaves and vegetables cut into flower shapes.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: