Giant cous-cous salad with soft boiled eggs, beetroots and greens
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 10mins
- 150g giant cous-cous, cooked according to instructions on packaging
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- Olive oil
- 2 beetroots, cooked, diced
- 80g of chard/cavolo nero, stems removed, roughly chopped
- 40g pumpkin seeds, toasted
- Cress or rocket leaves
- 2 Large British Lion eggs, soft boiled
- 2 tbsp creme fraiche
- 1 tbsp whole grain mustard
- On a medium size frying pan heat up a tablespoon of olive oil. Fry the cavolo nero/chard for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a large mixing bowl, season the cous-cous with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Transfer onto two large plates or bowls.
- Top the cous-cous with cavolo nero, diced beetroots, pumpkin seeds and finally soft-boiled eggs and cress.
- If you’re after a richer meal use the mustard dressing. Mix all the ingredients together and spoon over the salad.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Low calorie egg and watercress focaccia
This sandwich makes an ideal pre-exercise meal due to its high content of carbohydrate and protein (from the egg)...
Gizzi Erskine's boiled eggs and asparagus spears
Gizzi says: "For perfect boiled eggs it’s all in the timing. My best tip for gloriously gooey yolks is...
Spiced vegetable omelette
This spiced vegetable omelette is quick to prepare and makes an ideal meal for vegetarians.