Ham, egg and chips
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 15mins
- Cook: 35mins
Enjoy this version of a true British classic for a substantial family meal.
- 675g (1 1/2 lb) potatoes, scrubbed and cut into thick wedges
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- 4 lean bacon chops, any fat snipped at even intervals
- 2 tomatoes, halved
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6/200C/400F. Toss the potatoes in the oil and season lightly with salt and pepper. Transfer to a large roasting tin and bake for 20 minutes, turning halfway through the cooking time.
- Give the tin a good shake and move the potatoes to one end. Add the bacon chops and return to the oven for a further 8 minutes. Turn the chops, add the tomato halves and break the eggs into the tin. Sprinkle with a little black pepper. Return to the oven for 3-5 minutes or until the bacon is cooked and the eggs are just set.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
How to make eggy bread? Follow our seven step recipe. It only takes ten minutes to prepare and cook...
Homemade beans with lightly fried eggs
Homemade beans topped with lightly fried eggs - a deliciously different recipe, perfect at tea time.