Ham, egg and chips
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 15mins
- Cook: 35mins
Enjoy this version of a true British classic for a substantial family meal.
- 675g (1 1/2 lb) potatoes, scrubbed and cut into thick wedges
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- 4 lean bacon chops, any fat snipped at even intervals
- 2 tomatoes, halved
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6/200C/400F. Toss the potatoes in the oil and season lightly with salt and pepper. Transfer to a large roasting tin and bake for 20 minutes, turning halfway through the cooking time.
- Give the tin a good shake and move the potatoes to one end. Add the bacon chops and return to the oven for a further 8 minutes. Turn the chops, add the tomato halves and break the eggs into the tin. Sprinkle with a little black pepper. Return to the oven for 3-5 minutes or until the bacon is cooked and the eggs are just set.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Mexican style fried eggs
A quick and easy meal that the family will love. Suitable for vegetarians.
Chorizo and potato breakfast tostadas
Spanish meets Mexican. A fun brunch dish, excellent for big gatherings. Make all the toppings and involve your friends...
Spanish style tortillas
Delicious tortilla recipe, quick and easy to cook.