Bubble and Squeak Rosti
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 10mins
- 600g mixed left over veg (including roast potatoes, parsnip, spouts and carrots)
- 8 large British Lion eggs
- A pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary (optional)
- A little oil for frying
- Pigs in blankets and cranberry sauce to serve
- Place all the vegetables on a large chopping board and finely chop so everything is no bigger than 1cm cubed.
- Crack 4 British Lion eggs into a large bowl, add seasoning and the rosemary if using, then add the chopped vegetables and stir well.
- Heat a little oil in a large non-stick frying pan, add two or three heaped spoonfuls of the mixture to the pan and cook for 2-3minutes per side until golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture to make a total of about 12. Keep warm in a low-heated oven.
- Wipe out the frying pan with kitchen paper, add a little more oil to the pan and fry the remaining eggs until cooked to your liking.
- Serve 3 rostis per person topped with an egg, alongside pigs in blankets and cranberry sauce.
You may also like our bubble and squeak cakes with egg recipe.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Egg in a toast with tomato and feta
A runny egg in crispy toast will be your new favorite thing in the mornings! Chop up some tomatoes...
A take on the classic full English breakfast
Kedgeree is a tasty recipe, which brings together a variety of textures and tastes.