Lacy pancakes with rosewater berries
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
A delicious way to serve pancakes
- 110g plain flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 200ml milk mixed with 4 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 290ml/½ pint double cream, whipped
- 1 vanilla pod seeds, removed
- 2 tsp icing sugar
- For the topping:
- 2 tsp rosewater
- 200g frozen mixed fruits
- 100g caster sugar
- 50ml water icing sugar and mint, to serve
- For the rosewater berries: place the berries, caster sugar and rosewater in a pan, bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes until the berries are beginning to soften.
- Sift the flour and add the salt. Mix in the eggs, then the milk and water mixture. Add the butter just before using the batter. Pour the batter into a squeezy dressing bottle or a jug.Heat a 20cm diameter non-stick frying pan until hot, drizzle a little oil over the centre and wipe it around with a piece of kitchen paper.
- Squeeze or drizzle a little batter in a circle around and then drizzle the mixture all over the middle of the pan to form a lacy pancake.
- When cooked, flip over and cook for a further minute.
- Separate the pancakes with layers of greaseproof paper.
- Serve the lacy pancakes with the berries, a dollop of cream and a dusting of icing sugar.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Blueberries make a delicious topping for pancakes. Try our other pancake recipes.
Super green matcha pancakes, coconut cream and raspberries
For tea lovers. These pancakes are rich and fresh at the same time. A combination of tropical and Japanese...
Blueberry and raspberry pancakes
Blueberry and raspberry pancakes are a tasty treat any time of the year, but especially good when British raspberries...