Low calorie potted egg and cress
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 8 mins
This egg recipe is equally delicious as a sandwich filling or dip sauce.
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- 25g watercress
- 3 tbsp snipped fresh chives
- 50g reduced fat soft cheese
- 3 tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- crusty bread to serve
- Place the eggs in a small pan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil, simmer uncovered for 8 minutes to hard boil the eggs. Drain, rinse in cold water, tapping the shells all over. Peel the eggs and leave to cool.
- Remove any tough stalks from the watercress then finely chop the leaves. Finely chop the hard boiled eggs. In a bowl, beat the cheese and mayonnaise together with plenty of freshly ground black pepper and a little salt. Fold in the watercress, eggs and chives.
- Spoon the mixture into individual ramekins or jars and chill until required. Serve chilled, spread on crusty bread with peppery salad leaves.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Kale salad with avocado and boiled egg
It’s green and its delicious! This salad will give you an energy boost for the rest of the day.
Egg and cress dip
Sick of sandwiches? Then pack the kids off with a pot of this and some pitta breads and vegetables...
Indian egg and potato salad
This Indian egg and potato salad is a great recipe for vegetarians.