MOB Kitchen's leftover Boxing Day green eggs and ham
- Serves: 4
- Cook: 45mins
Forget about your usual festive sandwiches with our no-fuss traybake. Pile in all your favourite leftovers with some bright greens and call it a day.
- 1 Loaf Sourdough Bread
- 1 Leek
- 2 Green Chillies
- 6 Garlic Cloves
- 400g Spinach
- 250g Kale
- 50ml Double Cream
- 1 Tsp Sumac
- 200g Comte Cheese
- 400g Ham (can use Gammon)
- 6 British Lion Eggs
- 4 Tbsp Cranberry Sauce
- A Small Handful of Parsley
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 390°F
- Tear up the sourdough bread into large chunks and place in a large baking dish. Lightly pour on olive oil and roast in the oven for 15 minutes until very golden.
- Turn oven down to 160°C / 320°F. Roughly chop the leek, discarding the end, and finely chop the spring onions, green chilli and garlic. Cut the Comte into cubes, shred the leftover gammon into large pieces and finely chop the parsley. If your kale or spinach leaves are large then chop those up too.
- Pour a large glug of oil into a pan and add the leeks. Cook on a low heat for 5 minutes until softened - you don’t want any colour! Add the spring onions, chilli and garlic and cook for a minute until fragrant.
- Throw in the kale and cook for 5 minutes until slightly wilted, then add the spinach and continue cooking for a further 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the sumac and lightly season with salt and pepper, before mixing in the cream.
- Add the spinach mixture to the baking dish, nestled between the bread and top with cubes of cheese and ham. Allow some pieces of the bread to peak through.
- Make wells in the mixture and crack in the British Lion eggs before covering with tin foil.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes until the yolks are just set.
- Spoon in dollops of cranberry sauce and sprinkle with parsley before cracking into the dish.
Add any leftover roasted veg and cheese you may have from the day before - sweeter cheeses will work best with the salty gammon.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: