Piperade with eggs
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 0 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
Recipe from Take a Box of Eggs
Nutritional analysis per portion: Energy: 213kcals; Protein: 10.8g; Total fat: 10.6g; Sat fat: 2.2g; Salt: 0.3g
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 350g (12oz) onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 green pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 250g (1lb) tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp basil, chopped, plus tiny leaves to garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 British Lion eggs
- 4 tbsp double cream
- Toasted rustic bread to serve (optional)
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently fry the onions until they are soft but not brown. Add the peppers and cook slowly with the onion until soft.
- Add the tomatoes with the basil and seasoning. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Break the eggs into a bowl, add the cream and beat lightly with a fork. Pour the eggs over the vegetable mixture and cook, stirring, until the eggs are scrambled. Divide between four warmed bowls and serve with the basil leaves scattered over the top and slices of toast, if using.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Soft scrambled eggs
As long as you are ready with your plates and accompaniments, before you begin scrambling your eggs, you will...