Slimming World egg custard recipe
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 25mins
- 3 British Lion eggs
- A tub of fat free vanilla yogurt
- 1 tsp sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 160C
- In a bowl beat the eggs, add the yogurt, the sweetener and vanilla essence and mix until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture into ovenproof ramekins. This amount of mixture makes two large portions or three medium sized portions.
- Sprinkle ground nutmeg over the top then place bowls into a Bain Marie. Place the ramekins with the egg custard in the Bain Marie so most of the sides of the ramekins are covered with water but the water doesn’t reach the top. Using a Bain Marie in this way prevents the eggs from ‘scrambling’ in the oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, then carefully remove the Bain Marie from the oven, pour out the hot water and stand the egg custards on a wire rack until cooled.
They are delicious and will keep in the fridge (covered) for a few days. Mine however, never last that long!
Recipe courtesy of www.jugglemum.com
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Orange and lemon soufflés
Impress family and friends with this delicious soufflé recipe at 302 calories per portion
Easter bunny biscuits
188 calories per portion These Easter luxury biscuits are perfect to make for or with children, and they'll love...
Souffle omelette with apples and blackberries
For those with a sweet tooth, try this charming summer soufflé omelette. Filled with crunchy sweet apple pieces and...