Spooky Egg eyeballs pesto pasta
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 17 mins
- 4-6 medium British Lion Quality eggs
- red food colouring
- 2 large green pimento stuffed olives, sliced
- a little barbecue sauce
- 125g spaghetti or linguine
- 6 tbsp green pesto
- Place the eggs in a large pan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil, then simmer uncovered for 7 minutes - the water needs to be bubbling.
- Drain the eggs, and run them under cold water, tapping the shells all over. Add the food colouring to the pan and leave to cool for at least 30 minutes - the longer you leave them, the stronger the food dye effect will be.
- Bring a medium pan of boiling water to the boil, add the pasta and cook for 8-10 mins or until tender. Peel the eggs and discard the shells - ‘. Drain well and dry on kitchen paper.
- Use a piping nozzle or small round metal cutter to remove a circle from the white of each egg - this will be the eye ball. Carefully insert a slice of stuffed olive into the hole to make a spooky eye. If liked finish with a blob of barbecue sauce.
- Drain, the spaghetti, return to the pan and mix in the pesto sauce. Heap into a bowl, top with the egg eyeballs and let the children dig in.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: