Pumpkin loaf topped with eggs and avocado
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 45mins
This spiced pumpkin loaf is a cracking autumnal breakfast option. Toast the slices and serve with sliced avocado and a fried egg for a special brunch treat!
Makes 12 slices.
- 3 medium British Lion eggs, beaten
- 400g leftover, cooked diced pumpkin
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp honey
- 100ml vegetable oil
- 60ml whole milk
- 150g caster sugar
- 225g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp demerara sugar
- To top: One fried British Lion egg (per serving)
- Avocado, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas Mark 4. Line a 18.5cm x 8.5cm (base measurements) loaf tin with baking parchment.
- Using a fork or potato masher, mash the pumpkin along with the ginger, cardamom, cinnamon, and honey until smooth.
- Combine the vegetable oil, milk, eggs, and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Add the flour and baking powder and mix until just combined. Finally, add the puree and mix again, until just combined. Be careful not to over-mix.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf tin and sprinkle over the demerara sugar. Bake for 40-45 minutes, until golden and risen. Cover the loaf loosely with tin foil for the final 10 minutes of baking time, to prevent it from over-browning.
- Remove the loaf from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely, before slicing.
- Whilst the loaf cools, heat a frying pan over a medium-high heat and add a splash of vegetable oil. Crack in your desired quantity of eggs and fry Toast the slices and serve topped with sliced avocado and a fried egg for a special brunch treat!to your liking.
- Once ready, remove and top each slice of the pumpkin loaf with one fried egg.
- Serve with freshly sliced avocado and enjoy!
This pumpkin loaf keeps well for up to 4 days.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: