Poached egg on green bagel
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 5 mins
- 1 large British Lion eggs
- 1 wholemeal seeded bagel, halved
- ½ ripe avocado, stoned and peeled
- A squeeze of lemon if liked
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Fill a frying pan with 5 cm water and bring to the boil. Meanwhile toast the bagel.
- Mash the avocado with salt and pepper to taste and a squeeze of lemon if liked.
- Crack the egg into saucer, then tip it into the boiling water. Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and cook or 3 mins.
- Whilst the egg cooks, divide the avocado between the two halves of bagel, spreading it to the edges. Place on two warm plates.
- Use a slotted spoon to lift the egg from the water, allow to drain and place on top of the bagels and serve.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Egg in a toast with tomato and feta
A runny egg in crispy toast will be your new favorite thing in the mornings! Chop up some tomatoes...
Veggy breakfast sizzle
A quick and easy breakfast recipe that's a real treat.
Soft scrambled eggs
As long as you are ready with your plates and accompaniments, before you begin scrambling your eggs, you will...