Egg in a mug
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 4 mins
For a portable breakfast, split the pitta pocket and scoop in the egg.
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- Splash of milk
- 40g frozen peas
- 40g frozen sweetcorn
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 40g cheddar cheese
- Toasted wholemeal pitta bread
- Crack each egg into a microwaveable mug. Add a dash of milk and seasoning to each, then beat together with a fork.
- Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. Stir with a fork, add the peas and corn and return to the microwave. Cook on High for 1 minute.
- Stir again with the fork and leave to stand for 30 seconds. If you prefer your eggs more set, microwave for a further 30 seconds.
- Divide the cherry tomatoes and cheese between the mugs and stir well. Serve with toasted pitta bread.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
Popular how-to guides
How to boil an egg
A list of easy to follow instructions for cooking great boiled eggs every time.
How to make an omelette
Simply follow the steps to create a fluffy and light perfect basic omelette.
How to poach an egg
Poaching an egg is easy to master, follow our step-by-step guide.
How to make scrambled egg
Our guide to perfect, fluffy scrambled eggs in a pan, or try the microwave scrambled egg recipe.