Egg in a toast with tomato and feta
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 7 mins
A runny egg in crispy toast will be your new favorite thing in the mornings! Chop up some tomatoes, cucumber, red pepper and feta cheese, mix it all up and serve it with the toast.
- 1 large British Lion eggs
- 1 thick slice of wholemeal bread
- 1 chopped tomato
- 25g cucumber, chopped
- ½ red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 25g feta cheese, crumbled
- A squeeze of lemon
- Pinch of dried mint (optional)
- Heat a non-stick frying pan. Toast the bread on one side in the hot pan. Transfer to a clean board and use a round cutter to press out a circle of bread - save to serve. Tip: cut round a glass if you don’t have a cutter.
- Return the bread to the pan toasted side up, then carefully crack an egg into the hole and cook over a medium heat for 2 mins or until the egg has set. Cover the pan with a lid or upturned plate if the egg isn’t quite cooked after this time, the steam it creates sets the egg on top.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl mix the tomato, cucumber, pepper and feta together with the lemon and mint if using, with a little ground black pepper.
- Use a spatula to lift the egg filled toast onto a plate with the circle of bread and scatter over the feta mix. Serve straight away.
Save time in the morning and prep the salad the night before. Store in a bowl in the fridge until ready to use.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: