Sweet potato hash with fried eggs
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 50g cooking chorizo, sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 500g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1.5cm cubes
- 100g sweetcorn/1 corn on the cob, kernels removed
- 2 medium British Lion eggs
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo and cook for five minutes until crisp.
- Remove the chorizo onto a plate with a slotted spoon. Add the onion to the pan and cook for 5-7 minutes until soft, adding the garlic to the pan for the final minute. Then remove the onion from the pan and add to the chorizo.
- Microwave the sweet potato on high heat for four minutes until just starting to soften. Add the sweet potato to the pan and cook for 10-15 minutes, until golden and crisp, adding the chorizo, onion and sweetcorn to the pan for the final three minutes to warm through.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a separate pan and fry the eggs until the white is just set and the yolk is still runny. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the hash between two plates and top with the fried eggs. Garnish with spring onion and chilli.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Smoked Salmon Laksa with soft boiled egg
Cook’s Tip I always cook my eggs in salted water and then remove from the boiling hot water into...
Moroccan spiced eggs and tomatoes with a minted yoghurt
A great brunch or lunch recipe full of flavour and it's healthy too.
Wok fried egg and spicy minced pork with garlic & ginger
Cook’s tips The best way to set yourself up for cooking this dish is to separate all the prepared...