Eggs Factor regional winners announced!
Ten children from across the UK have beaten hundreds of entrants to win their regional Eggs Factor cook-off. The children aged between 7-11 were judged on the taste and originality of their signature dish – designed for a character or celebrity – by a local celebrity chef.
• London - Tamlyn Izzett from Hampshire won with her ‘panda egg rice’, made for Kung-Fu-Panda
• South East - Tim Spillman from Surrey won with ‘salmon eggs’ for Poseidon
• Wales - Kayleigh Knight from Pembrokeshire was crowned winner with ‘Tasmanian deviled eggs’ for the Tasmanian Devil
• South West - Sylvie Hodgson from Devon won with her creation, ‘Perfect Peter's perfect pancake’ for Perfect Peter from the Horrid Henry series
• Northern Ireland - Lucy Montgomery from Co. Londonderry was crowned winner with ‘eggs fit for a mouse’, designed for Mickey Mouse
• Scotland - Lucy Lawson from Bathgate was the Scottish winner with ‘small pancakes’ for Hannah Montana
• Yorkshire - Meg Ferguson of Holgate in Yorkshire was crowned the winner with ‘Wallace and Gromelette’ for cartoon characters Wallace and Gromit
• North East – Lauren Jones from Flint Mountain School won the North East title with ‘eggrap’ for Snoop Dogg the rapper
• East Midlands – Melodie Hill from Nottingham was crowned winner with her healthy egg breakfast, ‘early morning knockout’, created for English boxer Carl Froch
• West Midlands – Anya Teague from Gloucestershire won the West Midlands title with a ‘Snow White surprise’
Each regional finalist received an Eggs Factor trophy and a Nintendo DSi console along with a cooking game. They will now face each other across chopping boards and egg whisks at the Eggs Factor final, being held at L’atelier des Chefs in central London on 6 July. Children’s food eggspert Annabel Karmel will judge the final, to be hosted by X Factor finalists Same Difference.
The national Eggs Factor champion will win a culinary weekend in London, including an afternoon at the research kitchen where Annabel Karmel develops her recipes. The winning recipe will also be published in one of Karmel’s forthcoming cookbooks.