Annabel Karmel's one pan eggs with chicken and rice
- Prep: 15mins
- Cook: 15mins
Suitable for: baby and toddler (8 months+)
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 200g passata
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 30g baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 80g cooked chicken, diced
- 250g packet cooked long grain rice
- 15g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan. Add the onion and fry for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and fry for 30 seconds. Add the passata, tomato paste, basil, spinach and chicken. Stir until the spinach has wilted. Add the rice and toss over the heat. Sprinkle the Parmesan over the top.
- Preheat the grill.
- Crack the eggs on top of the rice. Place under a hot grill for 5 minutes until the whites are set but the yolk is still runny. Allow to cool slightly before offering to your baby.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Poached egg on veggie pasta
A quick and easy egg and veggie pasta meal for babies and nutritionally balanced. There’s high quality protein, important...
Annabel Karmel’s sweet potato and carrot rostis
Suitable for: baby and toddler (9 months+) Serves: 2 adult portions and 5 baby portions
Dippy egg with cucumber sticks
Ring the changes to the traditional egg and toast soldiers, by letting baby dip cucumber fingers into a dippy...
Omelette fingers with tomato and spinach
Omelette fingers are an ideal and nutritious early meal for your baby and a great finger food. This omelette...