Asparagus & sweet potato frittata
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
Nutritional analysis per portion: Energy: 437kcals; Protein: 27.7g; Total fat: 22.1g; Sat fat: 10.1g; Salt: 2.4g
- 4 British Lion eggs, whisked in a bowl
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 150g of green asparagus, thinly sliced
- 100g feta cheese, cubed
- 100g button mushrooms, thickly sliced
- To make the frittata heat a pan on the stove and add some olive oil. When the oil is hot fry the sweet potato until cooked through and lightly caramelized.
- Spoon the cooked potato into a large bowl. Next fry the mushrooms until cooked through and lightly caramelized and add to the bowl also. Add the feta cheese, sliced asparagus and the eggs to the bowl and stir everything together.
- Tip all of the mixture back into the pan and cook until the eggs begin to set and the outer edge is a golden brown colour.
- Pop the frittata under a hot grill and cook until the top is golden. Serve the frittata with a rocket salad.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Chilli cheese and jalapeño omelette
Go Mexican with this jalapeno omelette, a fiery and filling dish that’s bursting with flavour. Add your own salsa...
Not only is this tortilla recipe low in calories, it's also a great way to use up leftover vegetables...
Spanish tortilla with spicy tomato sauce
A classic egg recipe given a spicy twist with a delicious tomato sauce.
Three tiered Welsh omelette
Cook up this delicious Welsh recipe combining tangy Caerphilly cheese, hearty potatoes and juicy tomatoes. Savour three layers of...