Stir-fry Dinner Omelette
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
Recipe courtesy of Proper Tasty.
- 4 British Lion eggs
- 2 tsps chives, finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 50g red cabbage, finely chopped
- 50g carrot, finely sliced
- 1/2 white onion, finely sliced
- 4 closed cup white mushrooms, sliced
- 40g sugar snap peas
- 1 garlic clove, finely diced
- 1/4 tsp red chili, finely diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 10g butter
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- Crack your British Lion eggs into a jug and add 1 teaspoon of chives. Beat the eggs with a whisk to combine and set aside.
- Place a medium sized frying pan over a medium-high heat and add ½ tablespoon sunflower oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the red pepper, cabbage, onion, mushrooms, sugar snap peas, red chilli, and garlic. Stir-fry for around 5–10 minutes or until the cabbage has wilted and the vegetables have started to brown.
- Next add the salt, black pepper and soy sauce. Stir to combine and cook for a further 1 minute. Remove from the pan and set aside for later.
- Return the pan to a low-medium heat and add the butter and 1 teaspoon of sunflower oil. Let the butter melt and foam then add your reserved beaten eggs.
- Using a spatula release the egg from the edge of the pan and gently push some egg from the edge to the centre. Repeat this a few times in different areas of the pan and then leave to gently cook for around 4–5 minutes or until you can see the egg is nearly cooked through.
- Next take your reserved stir-fry and spread over one side of your omelette and add a sprinkle of spring onion. Fold the empty side of the omelette over the stir fry and cook for a further minute.
- Gently slide your omelette out of the pan onto a plate and top with your remaining chives. Serve with a fresh side salad some sweet chilli dip and enjoy!
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
"Just like a normal pizza, you can add your favourite toppings, but I've gone for something simple."
Vegetable frittata with mushrooms, spinach and avocado
Popular vlogger Barry Lewis of My Virgin Kitchen has created an amazingly tasty fully loaded vegetable frittata - a...
Chilli cheese and jalapeño omelette
Go Mexican with this jalapeno omelette, a fiery and filling dish that’s bursting with flavour. Add your own salsa...
Spanish tortilla with spicy tomato sauce
A classic egg recipe given a spicy twist with a delicious tomato sauce.