Baked banana custard pots
- Serves: 6
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 25mins
- 500ml single cream
- 2 bananas
- 2 British Lion eggs
- 2 British Lion egg yolks
- 75g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Heat the oven to 150C/130C fan/Gas 2. Pour the cream into a small saucepan and bring just to the boil.
- Place 1½ bananas into a small food processor and blitz until smooth. Add the eggs, egg yolks, sugar and vanilla and pulse until well combined and smooth.
- Once the cream reaches the boil, remove from the heat and gradually pour over the banana mixture, pulsing after each addition to combine.
- Place 6 small oven proof dishes/ramekins approximately 375ml in size onto a baking tray and carefully pour in the mixture.
- Thinly slice the remaining banana and place on top of the custard pots. Sprinkle over the cinnamon and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until set. Leave to cool slightly before eating or cool completely, chill in the fridge and serve cold.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Broccoli & feta strata
Enjoy as a fantastic family-sized side or portioned for a homely main course - our broccoli and feta strata...
Bacon, sweetcorn & rocket omelette
Bacon and eggs go together like…bacon and eggs but throwing in some sweetcorn and rocket before folding up into...