Courgette, pea and pesto frittata
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 20mins
- 1 large Maris Piper potato (350g), peeled & cut into 1cm slices
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large courgette, sliced thinly
- 150g frozen peas
- 5 medium British Lion eggs
- 2 tbsp pesto
- 2 heaped tsp grated cheese (Parmesan or Cheddar)
- Place the potato slices in a pan of boiling water and cook for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to a medium heat. Heat the oil in a 20cm non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and fry the onion and garlic for 3 minutes until soft.
- Add the courgettes to the pan, season and cook for a further 5 minutes until the courgettes are soft and lightly browned. Add the peas and drained potatoes.
- Whisk the eggs and pesto together, season with a little salt and black pepper, then pour over the vegetables. Tilt the pan to distribute the egg evenly and cook for 6-8 minutes until the base and edges are golden.
- Scatter with a little cheese and place under the grill for 5 minutes until the egg is golden and cooked through. Serve in wedges.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
"Just like a normal pizza, you can add your favourite toppings, but I've gone for something simple."
Not only is this tortilla recipe low in calories, it's also a great way to use up leftover vegetables...