Baked polenta with eggs & pesto
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 20mins
- 250g quick cook polenta
- 500ml milk
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 30g unsalted butter
- 40g Parmesan, grated
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- A handful of tenderstem broccoli, blanched in boiling water
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- A dash of white wine vinegar
- 30g pesto
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 160C fan / Gas Mark 4.
- Bring the milk and stock to the boil in a large pan. Add the polenta, whisking until it starts to bubble. Bubble for 2 minutes, stirring all the time.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the butter then season well with salt and pepper.
- Grease an ovenproof disk with a little oil then pour in the cooked polenta.
- Scatter the broccoli on top of the polenta, drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with Parmesan. Place in the oven to bake for 10 minutes.
- Whilst the polenta is cooking bring a pan of water to the boil. Add a dash of white wine vinegar and season with salt.
- Crack two eggs into ramekins. Use a whisk to create a whirlpool in the water and turn it down to a simmer. Pour the eggs, one at a time, into the middle of the whirlpool and leave to cook for 3-4 minutes or until the white is set and the yolk is still runny. Remove the eggs from the water then place in a bowl of ice-cold water. Repeat the process with the other two eggs.
- When all the eggs are cooked and polenta is ready, top the polenta with eggs, drizzle with pesto and serve.
Cookware courtesy of www.pyrexuk.com
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Salmon with poached egg and spinach
This quick and easy salmon and poached egg recipe is packed with protein and great natural nutrition - the...
Spanish baked eggs
Missing your holiday? This egg recipe is the perfect reminder as it's full of the flavours of Spain -...
Cheese & bacon eggy bread bake
Make your next meal something extra special by trying our cheese and bacon eggy bread bake, a quick and...