Broccoli & feta strata
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
Enjoy as a fantastic family-sized side or portioned for a homely main course - our broccoli and feta strata is a gooey, satisfying dish that can be prepared in very little time and eaten in even less.
- 3 slices slightly stale bread (approx 300g), cubed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 300g broccoli, broken into small florets
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 6 medium British Lion eggs
- 175ml semi skimmed milk
- 1 tsp English mustard
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/Gas 6. Heat a deep non-stick frying pan over a high heat and toast the bread for 2 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce the heat, add the oil and gently fry the onion, garlic and broccoli for 5 minutes until softened.
- Return the bread to the pan and scatter over half the feta. Whisk the eggs, milk and mustard together and pour into the pan.
- Sprinkle with the remaining feta and transfer to the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and cooked through.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Rhiannon Lambert's tomato, courgette and pepper shakshuka
Registered Nutritionist, Rhiannon Lambert, has created a Tomato, courgette, and pepper shakshuka which is perfect for sharing and means...
A great-tasting picnic favourite, our summer quiche recipe is a fantastic dish to share with others on a sunny...
Aubergine and tomato baked eggs
Check out our aubergine and tomato baked eggs recipe for a simple one-pan vegetarian meal that’s perfect for a...