- Serves: 6
- Prep: 15mins
- Cook: 30mins
Cherry clafoutis recipe (284 calories per portion)
- Oil for greasing
- 450g (1lb) fresh cherries, pitted or 400g can pitted black cherries, drained
- 4 tablespoons kirsch or cherry brandy
- 100ml (4 fl oz) milk
- 150ml (1/4 pint) whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- 100g (3 1/2 oz) caster sugar
- 25g (1oz) plain flour
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6/200C/400F. Lightly oil a 23cm (9-inch) wide ovenproof dish. Mix the cherries and kirsch or brandy together and set aside.
- Put the milk, cream and vanilla in a pan and heat until almost boiling. In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until creamy, add the flour and beat until smooth. Pour over the hot milk and mix well. You can leave the mixture to stand for up to 1 hour.
- Scatter the cherries over the base of the dish. Stir the batter, and pour over the cherries. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until risen and puffy. Dust with icing sugar and serve warm or cold with whipped cream.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Give your friends a treat with these scrumptious banoffee pancakes. For fabulous pancakes every time check out our guide...
Impress your guests with this delicious cheesecake recipe.
Fresh fruit gateau
This delicious dessert is perfect for a dinner party and because it contains less than 250 calories it will...