- Serves: 6
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 20mins
This delightful lemon tart is easy to make yet impressive enough to serve at a dinner party.
- 1x 20cm/8in ready baked sweet pastry case
- 3 large British Lion eggs
- 75g/3oz caster sugar
- 1 (200g) tub crème fraiche
- zest and juice 2 lemons
- icing sugar to dust
- clotted cream to serve
- Preheat the oven to 170C/Fan 150C/325F/Gas Mark 3. Place the pastry case on a baking sheet. Beat the eggs, sugar, crème fraiche, lemon zest and juice together until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the pastry case. Bake for 25-30mins or until the filling is just set, but still a little wobbly in the centre. Cool. Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve in wedges with clotted cream if liked.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Orange, pecan & maple syrup pancakes
Pancakes with orange, pecan & maple syrup recipe
Gizzi Erskine's marmalade and cointreau soufflé omelette
Gizzi says: "A soufflé omelette is a great way to get started with soufflés before attempting the ‘real’ thing...
Fennel bread and butter pudding
Bread & butter pudding with ginger custard.
Soufflé omelette, quark cream & berries
Soufflé omelette, with quark cream and berries with only 273 calories per portion is a quick and easy dessert