Orange and lemon soufflés
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 25mins
Impress family and friends with this delicious soufflé recipe at 302 calories per portion
- 4 tbsp lemon curd
- 50g / 2oz caster sugar
- 3 medium British Lion eggs
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 150ml / 1/4 pint semi-skimmed milk
- 4 tbsp reduced sugar marmalade
- Lightly butter four ramekin dishes. Put a spoonful of lemon curd in each dish and place on a baking sheet. Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas Mark 5.
- In a saucepan, whisk the sugar with one egg until pale cream in colour. Stir in the flour then add the milk and mix until smooth. Heat until thickened, whisking constantly with a balloon whisk.
- Remove from the heat and beat in the remaining egg yolks and marmalade. Whisk the egg whites until stiff and gently fold into the sauce. Spoon into the ramekin dishes and bake for 20-25 minutes until well risen, firm to the touch and pale golden brown. Dust with icing sugar and serve immediately.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Souffle omelette with apples and blackberries
For those with a sweet tooth, try this charming summer soufflé omelette. Filled with crunchy sweet apple pieces and...
Double chocolate mousse
A recipe for chocoholics. This luxurious chocolate dessert is ideal for entertaining and will make sure that there are...
Honey and raspberry pancakes
Honey and raspberry pancakes (217 calories per portion) are a light and delicious dessert, perfect for summer nights.